As you may be aware, the trans formative $50 billion Suburban Rail Loop project has commenced early planning and design stages.
The project will revolutionise Victoria’s public transport system; linking every major railway line from Frankston to Werribee and connecting Melbourne’s middle suburbs to health, education and employment centres outside the CBD. The project has proposed Clayton for a new ‘Super Hub’ underground railway station.
Preliminary geotechnical investigative works for early planning and design of the major project will be commencing in Clayton this week and will cause some temporary disruption.
What do the works involve?
The Suburban Rail Loop Authority’s geo technical program includes drilling in areas near the proposed alignment for the south east section of Suburban Rail Loop to gain vital initial data and information about local ground conditions.
This will involve:
- Non-destructive digging, using a vacuum truck to excavate the ground to check that an area is service free
- Geo technical drilling (including drilling a borehole) and testing to determine existing ground conditions
- Fitting a groundwater monitoring well inside the borehole to permit sample collection and measurement of groundwater levels
What to be aware of
- Geo technical investigations will take place on Cobain Street, Clayton (near Monash University)
- Works on Cobain Street will require temporary usage of up to eight car parks for drilling works and support vehicles
- Pedestrian, road and driveway access will be consistently maintained, and traffic controllers and signage may be put in place where necessary to safely guide locals around the works
- There will be period of medium noise as a result of the drilling works
- A site compound will be put in place to allow this work to be safely
carried out. This area will be reinstated once the works is completed.
When and for how long will the works occur?
The hours of work are:
Monday to Friday – 7am to 5pm
Saturdays – 7am to 1pm
The works will take approximately two weeks (weather and ground works permitting).
For more information about the major project, please visit the Suburban Rail Loop website – https://suburbanrailloop.vic.gov.au/en or phone 1800 105 105.
The future of Clayton
The Suburban Rail Loop project is exciting for the future of Clayton. Now is an opportune time to invest, First National Clayton JXRE know Clayton best and are here to help with your investment needs and questions.
To find out more about the opportunity to invest in Clayton, contact First National Clayton JXRE on 9975 7888.
If you would like to hear more from our team and be kept up to date with the real estate market, simply register here.
Click here to read our other articles.